Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Brief Reflection on the Inauguration

First, I thank God that we have the privilege of living in a country where the transition from one president to the next is not marked by bloodshed. A very thought-provoking picture to see these two men standing side by side as power is transferred. It truly is a "grand experiment."

I would encourage each of us to remake four commitments to President Barack Obama that Michael Hyatt challenges us with in his blog:

1. I will pray for him and our country.

2. I will assume his motives are good, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

3. I will not speak ill of him, even if I don’t always agree with him.

4. I will cast off the spirit of cynicism, and be a positive force for good.

May we also seize the opportunities that God provides for us to be His church in these days of opportunity.

No comments: