Wednesday, March 8, 2017
I was privileged to grow up in a Christian home. Tim Challies has a great article which is an important reminder of the benefits as well as a reminder of the responsibilities for parents as they lead their families.
1. The Privilege of Prayer: A Christian home is a praying home. We often prayed about situations and and gave thanks for God's answer to prayer.
2. The Privilege of Scripture: A Christian home is a home under the authority of Scripture. My parents worked hard at having regular times of devotions together.
3. The Privilege of the Gospel: A Christian home is a home that declares the gospel. I was taught about Christ and how to know him at an early age. It was under the ministry of a Filipino Pastor and a Christian dorm parent that a personal decision was made.
4. The Privilege of Community: A Christian home is one that is connected to Christian community -- church, worship, songs, sermons and the ordinances. We were part of a Christian community of faith
5. The Privilege of Godliness: A Christian home is one where we can observe followers of Christ living out their Christian faith. I watched my parents live out the reality of their faith -- at home and in the world.
So, as I reflected on Tim's thoughts, I am grateful for my heritage.
* If you want to read the full article, click HERE.
Friday, October 21, 2016
Posted by Dan Pritchett at 6:42 AM
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
This is a picture from Joe & Kristi's wedding. I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers for them as they set out on this new journey. Note: I am not the one officiating at the front, in case you are trying to figure out the attire.
Posted by Dan Pritchett at 7:05 AM
Friday, June 17, 2016
Thanks so much to all those involved in Vacation Bible School. This includes those who served in the many different capacities, invited children, showed friendship to parents who walked through the doors. A great deal of time and effort went into this event. We ask that you pray that God would use the truths that were taught to encourage boys and girls to follow Jesus. Also, to encourage parents to lead their children in this important step.
Well Done, Church!
Posted by Dan Pritchett at 8:59 AM
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Here are some updates from our 2016 Urban Hope Work Weekend in Philadelphia.
Picture above is from a year ago when the building had been gutted and we began laying out and framing the rooms.
This is a picture of what it looks like now. This is from the first floor where a meeting room and kitchen are located. Bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs.
Here is a picture of the outside of the Balmer building in which we stayed which is where the construction from last year took place.
This is the beginning of one of our projects this year. Follow This Link for more pictures of this year's projects. Two bathrooms were also tiled, but I don't have pictures of that. Thanks to the men who went and served those who serve.
Posted by Dan Pritchett at 6:48 AM
Thursday, February 18, 2016
Had a great time at "Date Night" on Friday, February 12. Thanks for those who invested the time to make it happen - planning, decorating, child care, etc. It was a fun time, even with the snow. Thanks to Victor Cebotari for the music - "The One Man Band".
Apologies for no pics of the food and fellowship.
Posted by Dan Pritchett at 7:32 AM